Outreach & Missions
At Faith Community Church, we believe our purpose as caretakers of God's church is to share the Good News of His word by touching as many lives as possible with love. We invest our monetary and human resources in missions—local, national and international—as well as working to promote ecumenical efforts to spread God's word throughout the community and beyond.
WHAT WE DO . . .
- Products with Purpose and Prayer (P3) was begun by Faith Community Church to fill a need in our local community, helping folks in need. The first Saturday of the month between 10 a.m and 12 noon, we distribute paper products, soaps and dental supplies to Milford residents.
- Oaxaca Street Children helps poor children in Oaxaca, Mexico, go to school. Started by Spanish teachers who saw a need while visiting Oaxaca, the Street Children Project purchases school supplies, uniforms and books while also providing tutoring, on-site computers and a daily meal. Change a life, Change a family. Click here to read about the child sponsored by Faith Community Church. Learn more about the ministry at http://www.oaxacastreetchildren.org/
- Visitation of Shut-In Members is an ongoing activity at Faith Community Church. If you can't come to us, we will come to you!
- Blanket Sunday is a mission of Church World Service which provides blankets to those in disaster areas in this country and around the world—blankets that are used not just for warmth, but as a shelter, a suitcase or any number of other uses. Our members give generously twice a year to support this needed effort.
- Okoboji School Backpack Program provides food for kids of all ages who otherwise might not get a meal on weekends or during the summer. Faith Community Church provides the storehouse for the food, the bookkeeping, and happily joins forces with many community volunteers to work on this mission program.
WE ALSO PARTNER WITH. . .
- The Dickinson County Ministerial Association
- Meals on Wheels
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity's Food Pantry
- Hope Haven
- Community Table
- Okoboji Bible Conference
- Cherish Center